cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ajax-block: what's the purpose of node.xml?
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 16:07:55 GMT
Sylvain Wallez schrieb:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> The importNode() function in the insertion.js of our ajax block has a
>> text for "node.xml" - what does this actually check?
>>

> It checks a IE-specific feature that allows to get the representation of
> a node and its children as serialized XML document (as a String).
>
>> Now, it seems that in some cases this check evaluates to true which
>> results in buggy element nodes which are unusable in IE.
>
> That was precisely meant for IE. What version are you using?
6.0

>> Can we remove this check?
>>

> IIRC IE had some issues with namespaces in the importNode function, but
> I also see that this function has namespace-aware DOM function commented
> out. So I don't know...

The interesting thing is that it seems to depend on the xml structure
returned by the server whether node.xml works or not. And if node.xml
works, the result is wrong. I used a workaround by switching to the
_importNode function.

So if noone really knows why we test there, I guess we can remove this
test. If noone is against it I will remove it.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/