cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [Vote] Java 5 as minimum JDK requirement
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:26:49 GMT
Andrew Stevens skrev:
>> From: Sylvain Wallez <sylvain@apache.org>
>> All this discussion makes me sad, as it gives the impression the overall
>> Cocoon developer community doesn't want to move forward and is
>> frightened by moves that would cause some disruption among _some_ users.
>
> Not so much frightened as that they care, and not only want to move
> forward but bring existing users forward with them.  At least, that's
> the impression I receive.
It is not that simple either. The last few years we have lost a
considerable number of very talented developers, (with Sylvain as a
prominent example), because Cocoon have been moving to slowly for their
tastes. Some of them have moved on to other projects where they think
there is more action.

/Daniel