cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <>
Subject Re: [Vote] Java 5 as minimum JDK requirement
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:26:49 GMT
Andrew Stevens skrev:
>> From: Sylvain Wallez <>
>> All this discussion makes me sad, as it gives the impression the overall
>> Cocoon developer community doesn't want to move forward and is
>> frightened by moves that would cause some disruption among _some_ users.
> Not so much frightened as that they care, and not only want to move
> forward but bring existing users forward with them.  At least, that's
> the impression I receive.
It is not that simple either. The last few years we have lost a
considerable number of very talented developers, (with Sylvain as a
prominent example), because Cocoon have been moving to slowly for their
tastes. Some of them have moved on to other projects where they think
there is more action.

View raw message