cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: more about properties in cocoon 2.2
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:19:17 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Moreover the root context should be at least a
> ConfigurableWebApplicationContext that should be registered properly in
> servlet context. For now none of spring related servlet filters work
> because they all rely on WebApplicationContextUtils [1] (and this one
> throws not finding spring context in servlet context).
>
> I had to move all META-INF/spring/*.xml to META-INF/springX/*.xml so
> cocoon does not pick those automatically and build myself a separate web
> application context with spring's ContextLoaderListener.
>
> [1]
> http://www.springframework.org/docs/api/org/springframework/web/context/support/WebApplicationContextUtils.html

The basic idea was that Cocoon is using its own hierarchy of bean
factories (application context) and if you want to use Spring you should
setup your application context through the usual spring stuff (with the
listener). In that case the cocoon bean factory will use that one as its
parent.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/