cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sandor Spruit <san...@cs.uu.nl>
Subject Re: watch out with mirror http://apache.cs.uu.nl/
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:50:31 GMT
Ard Schrijvers wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> everybody using mirror http://apache.cs.uu.nl/ in his maven
>> build.properties should be aware of downloading wrong jars.
>> There seem to be strange rewrite rules configured, which
>> rewrites you a couple of times when you want to download
>> certain jakarta jars, and then just downloads
>> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/index.html. You end
>> up with hard to solve problems because of nonsense jars just
>> containing an html page.
>>>
>> [snip]
>>> Ps: How can we inform the right people that this flaw gets
>> fixed? If you can't rely on mirrors to return the right jars,
>> we really end up in unmanageable situations.
>>>
>> I'll tell them first thing tomorrow morning, over coffee :)
>
> Great and thx!

I've informed the proper folks here, and have injected this issue into
our helpdesk queue. It might take a few days to figure it out, as our
offices are being moved temporarily - building renovation!

Then again, this might just be the kind of things people can do, given
that lots of regular tasks are on hold, or stored in cardboard boxes :)

Sandor

Information and Computing Sciences, Utrecht University, the Netherlands
'Content and knowledge engineering' http://www.informationscience.nl/
Personal coordinates: http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/sandor/
"... unthinkable surprises, about to happen, but what they are -
  it's not up to you, oh, it never really was."  (Bjork on Vespertine)