cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: more about properties in cocoon 2.2
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:23:21 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
>> For me the property-dir attribute smells a little bit.
Yepp.

>> +1 for removing
>> it completly. I wanted to propose some kind of map:include. That would
>> fix another bug I mentioned lately (mvn cocoon:deploy jetty:run does not
>> pick up local properties for tested block):
>>
>> <include-props
>> dir="file:/c:/dev/projects/donnelley/donnelley-admin-block/src/main/resources/META-INF/properties/"/>

>> <include-beans
>> dir="file:/c:/dev/projects/donnelley/donnelley-admin-block/src/main/resources/META-INF/spring/"

>> pattern="*.xml"/>
>>
>> I assume property placeholders will be properly resolved as long as I
>> include properties first before beans (or maybe it does not matter in
>> current implementation)?
It should not matter :)

> Maybe we could just go for:
> <include-config dir="somedir/"/>
>
> instead of:
> <include dir="somedir/legacy/xconf/"/>
> <include-props dir="somedir/properties/"/>
> <include-beand dir="somedir/spring/"/>

Yes, I like your idea. Just one simple "include-config" and that's it.
And the use-default-dirs can then be used to turn off including from the
default location which is on by default (If the directories do not
exists this is not concidered an error).
If you want I can implement this (I would not disable the possibility to
do a include and include-beans in the sitemap though).

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/