cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: more about properties in cocoon 2.2
Date Sat, 19 Aug 2006 16:00:16 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>> I propose to change the behaviour:
>> - make use-defaults-dir default to true when property-dir is NOT
>>    provided
>> - make use-defaults-dir default to false when a property-dir is provided
>>
>> and of course fix the bug mentioned at the top of this message.
>>
>> WDYT?
>>
> I fixed the mentioned bug; I'm not sure if it makes sense to change the
> behaviour as you propose. "use-defaults-dir" is not only for including
> properties but also for including xconf and spring configurations.
>
> For including xconfs and spring config files we have special map:include
> elements we can use inside the map:components. Perpaps we should use
> this for specifying property dirs as well and remove the "property-dir"
> attribute?

For me the property-dir attribute smells a little bit. +1 for removing
it completly. I wanted to propose some kind of map:include. That would
fix another bug I mentioned lately (mvn cocoon:deploy jetty:run does not
pick up local properties for tested block):

<include-props
dir="file:/c:/dev/projects/donnelley/donnelley-admin-block/src/main/resources/META-INF/properties/"/>

<include-beans
dir="file:/c:/dev/projects/donnelley/donnelley-admin-block/src/main/resources/META-INF/spring/"

pattern="*.xml"/>

I assume property placeholders will be properly resolved as long as I
include properties first before beans (or maybe it does not matter in
current implementation)?