cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <>
Subject more about properties in cocoon 2.2
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 22:01:19 GMT
Turns out (I had no idea that this kind of feature was implemented) that
properties may be provided in WEB-INF/cocoon/properties or per sitemap
basis in config/properties directory. Unfortunatelly this second
approach is buggy:

     <map:components use-defaults-dir="true">

will not work as expected. You have to do something like this:

     <map:components use-defaults-dir="true"

which will attempt to load properties from config/properties/ and

It is an easy fix but a question arises if we should load properties
from default location when a property-dir is provided.

     <map:components property-dir="additional">

currently will load properties from both additional and default location
  because use-defaults-dir defaults to 'true'

     <map:components property-dir="additional" use-defaults-dir="false">

will load from additional/ directory

I propose to change the behaviour:
- make use-defaults-dir default to true when property-dir is NOT
- make use-defaults-dir default to false when a property-dir is provided

and of course fix the bug mentioned at the top of this message.

If noone objects I will change the code tomorrow.

+48 (61) 855 06 67