cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: ajax and auto-save cocoon 2.1.x
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 03:17:52 GMT
Chris escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I did post this on the users list:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=115554355602544&w=2
>
> I have not heard anything yet.  If anybody has thought about or implemented
> an auto-save feature in a cocoon-forms application I would like to
> hear about it.  This is like the concept of auto-save/backup in MS-Word.
> The application crashes before a save, but there is a restore file.
>
> In a webapp instead of application crash it is browser-crash/close or
> session timeout.  I am thinking ajax in cforms could be part of the solution.
> This is an appliation where the user can be on one form for 5 to 20 minutes.
>
> I would appreciate any ideas, thanks,

Hi Chris,

A possible solution:
1. Implement ajax saving. It is described somehow in (near the end of
the message):

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=115518347428078

2. Implement client-side javascript to post the page every x minutes.
There are plenty examples of javascript auto post on the web.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.