cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Voting policies
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 22:50:59 GMT
Now we are getting nit-picky. This page lists three categories;
procedural, code modification and package releases. Quite frankly, I
don't think this vote has much to do with any of these because:
a) procedural to me is a process - such as switching from ant to maven.
One could argue from a warped point of view that changing a dependency
fits in this category.
b) code modification - no code is actually being modified by changing a
dependency. (At least yet).
c) package releases - well, it is pretty obvious that this doesn't fit.

So to be honest, I think this is something the PMC has to decide which
process to follow.

Having said that, I'd probably lean toward the more restrictive view
just to be fair.

Ralph