cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: Flow concurrency (was Re: Action Vs Logicsheet)
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 05:21:39 GMT
Mark Lundquist wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I posted this on the users list a few days ago, but never got a
> definitive answer (I did find out that this is *not* the case for
> javaflow :-), but that's not really an answer... I want to know if it
> *is* the case for flowscript).
>
> cheers,
> —ml—
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Mark Lundquist <ml@wrinkledog.com>

>>> That's pretty much it in a nutshell, yes.
>>
>> wow...
>>
>> Is there a developer around who can confirm/refute the above?

I guess that's right, see the code of the FOM_JavascriptInterpreter line 563 (in
trunk):

ThreadScope thrScope = getSessionScope();
synchronized (thrScope) {
    ClassLoader savedClassLoader =
        Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
     FOM_Cocoon cocoon = null;
     try {
        try {
            setupContext(redirector, context, thrScope);
            cocoon = (FOM_Cocoon) thrScope.get("cocoon", thrScope);

I remember that we had concurrency issues with Rhino a long time ago. It might
be that they have gone in the meantime with Rhino 1.6. If concurrency is really
an issue for you, experimenting with synchronization is definitly worth a try.

But note that synchronization is done based on the thread scope object. AFAIU
every user has a thread scope per session _and_ per sitemap. That means that
only requests to the same sitemap and the same session are blocking.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc