cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Staging Repository
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 21:02:18 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:
> I've setup a staging repo on the zones,
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/cocoon-staging-release-repository/. It's
> configured in the root pom so any release:perform action will be going
> there instead of people.a.o.
>
> The idea is that we can verify releases from there *before* we sync to
> people.a.o and give the green to repository@a.o to upload to maven central.
>
> The only thing i'm still unsure about is how to do the sync between the
> zone and people.a.o, rsync might not work too well given the metadata
> that's involved.

Why do you think so? As long there is no other process that manipulates Cocoon
artifacts in the Apache m2-sync repo *directly* and circumvents the staging
repo, I don't see any problems.

How can we trigger the sync from cocoon.zones.apache.org given that we
shouldn't/mustn't store private ssh keys on this potentially unsecure machine?
Wouldn't it be a better option to have our staging repo on people.apache.org too?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc