cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2 M1 artifacts in m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository
Date Sat, 05 Aug 2006 08:40:43 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:
> <reinhard@apache.org> wrote:
>> yes, that's IMO the way to go. Could some shell script guru set up the
>> necessary shell scripts for the sync process? What we need is two scripts on
>> people.apache.org:
>>
>> m2repo-to-private.sh [sub-directory]: Using this script you can set back a
>> particular module, e.g. cocoon-core: "m2repo-to-private.sh
>> org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-core"
>>
>> private-to-m2repo.sh: Using this script we sync our private repo with the
>> official m2 sync repository. After running this script we can ping
>> repository@apache to do the sync with the ibiblio repo.
>>
>> The only thing left is that we should make our private repository available
>> via http so that we can try out our releases locally.
>>

> What about the maven metadata.xml ? Isn't that one updated with each
> release?

AFAIU yes

> We should make sure that there is no risk of breaking something
> when we start playing with this ourselves. I'll ask for a second opinion on
> #maven. (but if you ask me, they should be the ones providing a more
> granular sync service in the first place)

yes, that would be even a better option. The only important point for me is that
we need the possibility to test our release before it is really published.

Unfortunatly this comes for the M1 release too late because I fear that we have
some problems with the dependency resolution of at least one of our released
artifacts.
I tested the block-archtetype and if I want to run the created block after a
cocoon:deploy, libraries are missing and the servlet container stops with a
ClassNotFoundException.
If I do the same with the M2-SNAPSHOT version of the block-archetype everything
seems to be okay although nothing has changed since the release.

Could somebody try cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/g1/1159.html and
report back whether it works? Please don't use your usual local repository but
point to a new location in your Maven settings.xml so that there can't be any
side effects (I can't try it myself again as I only have a GPRS connection over
the weekend.)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc