cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2 M1 artifacts in m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 18:08:18 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On 8/3/06, Jorg Heymans <jh@domek.be> wrote:
>
>> ...It was just confirmed to me on repo@ that indeed the whole
>> m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository directory is synced for each synchronisation
>> request. So be aware of this, if you make a mistake during the release
>> and
>> you're unlucky (ie you just uploaded before the rsync kicked in) then
>> those
>> bad artifacts are on maven central and you'll have to re-release with new
>> version increment...
>
> Also, if a sync happens while you're uploading stuff, a half-finished
> release will be published.
>
> This looks exactly like the mysterious build problems that Carsten and
> I were chasing at ApacheCon, where he had different versions of some
> artifacts (from another project, not Cocoon) than me in his maven
> cache, with the same version numbers.
>
> I know little about how this all works, but maybe it would make sense
> to use a staging area, outside of the synced directories, to create
> the release? And move it to the "sync zone" when it's ready and
> checked.

yes, that's IMO the way to go. Could some shell script guru set up the necessary
shell scripts for the sync process? What we need is two scripts on
people.apache.org:

m2repo-to-private.sh [sub-directory]: Using this script you can set back a
particular module, e.g. cocoon-core:
"m2repo-to-private.sh org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-core"

private-to-m2repo.sh: Using this script we sync our private repo with the
official m2 sync repository. After running this script we can ping
repository@apache to do the sync with the ibiblio repo.

The only thing left is that we should make our private repository available via
http so that we can try out our releases locally.

WDOT?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc