cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Gianni <>
Subject Re: [OT] Re: [CForms] Streaming out widget attributes?
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 18:11:59 GMT

Leszek Gawron wrote:

> +1. Cocoon has become a web application framework a long time ago even
> though it's first steps were in other direction.

+100 :)

> Every web application at some point needs to use some variation of
> ValueList for displaying tabular data (70% of my GUIs are value lists,
> the rest are plain CForms for editing beans). I would be thrilled if
> we had some kind of ValueList component based on CForms that:
> - displays a value list consisting of several columns
> - allows for sortable columns (direction indicator and such)
> - displays some filtering form widgets
> - manages navigation
>    - first, previous, next, last buttons
>    - goto page button
>    - set number of entries per page
> - is capable of rows selection
>    - single
>    - multiple
> - is capable of running value list events
>    - e.g. ContactValueList would have: deleteSelected, addContact,
> editContact and such.

We are basically implementing all these features, but in cocoon forms
repeater itself, so that you can use it to display/edit even very large
sets of data. Sorting will surely be there, filtering we still don't
have clear ideas, page navigation is already there except for the goto
page, row selection is already present in cocoon forms repeater as well
as events.

Simone Gianni

> My current implementation is an utter crap (I am ashamed I am not able
> to come up with something more sophisticated).
> Going further: we could provide some kind of pattern for application
> menus and toolbars.

View raw message