cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: [CForms] Streaming out widget attributes?
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 14:56:52 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>> Sylvain Wallez escribió:
>>> - in complex use cases the GUI logic, as Carsten's use case
>>> exemplifies, becomes spread all over the pipeline, and it becomes
>>> increasingly difficult to understand what happens where.
>> Could you explain how can you do the Carsten need easily with Wicket?
>
> Sorry, no time to study this particular point. I'm expressing general
> feelings.
>
>>> - client/server communication with JSON makes it really easy to build
>>> Ajax apps, but is a pain to produce from Cocoon unless we directly
>>> send it from the controller, which actually makes Cocoon pipelines
>>> useless.
>> Why everything needs to go through pipelines?
>
> That's precisely the point: do you really need Cocoon if you have no
> pipelines? DWR perfectly does the trick in that case.

"unfortunatelly" yes. Nothing else gives you:

- powerful forms
- flow
- common application look
- easy i18n

I am almost not using pipelines in cocoon. My sitemap is identical for
almost all applications we wrote in 2 years. I would advise against
using xsps, logicsheets, mail sending pipelines and similar stuff. It is
way better to separate your application services to pure java and use
spring for that. If CForms were available as a separate block usable
from spring framework I would seriously consider this solution.

... But as it is not the case I will stick with cocoon and be happy
about that.