cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CForms] Streaming out widget attributes?
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 06:10:36 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> IIRC, allowing to programmatically change the @required has been
> requested by some users. Perhaps, we should try to implement it. I mean
> in a similar way as currently we can programmatically change the @state
> of a widget.
It is already implemented :)

> Would this fill your need?

No :) Or, well, partially. I could solve it this way and already tried
it. But the ajax request updating the model and rerendering the
(partial) page is way to slow. So doing this completly on the client is
much faster/easier.
In addition, implementing client side validation for pre checking form
values is currently not possible as there is no way to pass on
validation information from the model to the stylesheets.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/