cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status of releasing M1 artifacts
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 14:29:15 GMT
hepabolu wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz said the following on 2/8/06 15:08:
>>> If all new URLs consist of only Daisy IDs, they should not break:
>>> there should not be much of document removals, right? Even if you
>>> intend to remove a document, you can replace it with a redirect to
>>> correct location. So I think new documentation can be managed without
>>> breaking any URLs.
>
> True. 2.2 gives the opportunity to change the URLs, so let's take that
> advantage.
>
>> The idea is that finally each block gets its own documentation. The
>> problem now is that we will split up our documentation in smaller
>> chunks (soon) but we aren't that far. This will cause a lot of broken
>> URL in the future.
>
> Do leave the documentation in Daisy, create separate collections and if
> necessary separate sites for each block, but don't move it out of Daisy
> to something that is as cumbersome as the old xdocs situation.
>
> Now that the docs are in Daisy more documentation has been written and
> updated than in a very long time before.
>
> And if you do that, and all docs are still in one repository, the Daisy
> IDs won't change.
>
>> Having said this, it might take some time until we really have block
>> specific docs and we shouldn't wait now that maybe never get done.
>
> True. But I'd rather spend time and energy on improving/simplifying the
> current process of extracting Daisy docs onto the website than moving
> the docs to yet another system.
>
> Besides, it's good for Cocoon that the docs are created with Cocoon.
>
> Bye, Helma

I *want* to leave the docs in Daisy. I've started to write a Daisy plugin that
gets a Daisy repository and a navigation document as configuration parameters.

If the plugin is added to the pre-site phase of the Maven build process, the
docs are added to the site. This way document generation and if we want
publishing will become very simple in the future.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc