cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Reinhard Poetz <>
Subject Re: Status of releasing M1 artifacts
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 13:08:00 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>> Jorg Heymans wrote:
>>>> On 8/1/06 2:49 PM, in article, "Reinhard 
>>>> Poetz"
>>>>> I also think that we should wait with an official announcement as 
>>>>> long as we
>>>>> have at least some minimal docs available at 
>>> -1 on location specified above. I don't see no sense in keeping 
>>> documentation of each and every milestone/alpha/beta/rc release. URL 
>>> should read
>>> Front page may say that currently these are 2.2m1 documentation and 
>>> it is a work in progress. Once first 2.2.0 release is out, this 
>>> notice could be removed.
>> If we don't have a problem if our urls break, we can publish our docs 
>> to WDYT?
> If all new URLs consist of only Daisy IDs, they should not break: there 
> should not be much of document removals, right? Even if you intend to 
> remove a document, you can replace it with a redirect to correct 
> location. So I think new documentation can be managed without breaking 
> any URLs.

The idea is that finally each block gets its own documentation. The problem now 
is that we will split up our documentation in smaller chunks (soon) but we 
aren't that far. This will cause a lot of broken URL in the future.

Having said this, it might take some time until we really have block specific 
docs and we shouldn't wait now that maybe never get done.

Reinhard Pötz           Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach 

{Software Engineering, Open Source, Web Applications, Apache Cocoon}


Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC:

View raw message