cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status of releasing M1 artifacts
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 13:08:00 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>>
>>> -1 on location specified above. I don't see no sense in keeping
>>> documentation of each and every milestone/alpha/beta/rc release. URL
>>> should read
>>>
>>>   http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/
>>>
>>> Front page may say that currently these are 2.2m1 documentation and
>>> it is a work in progress. Once first 2.2.0 release is out, this
>>> notice could be removed.
>>
>> If we don't have a problem if our urls break, we can publish our docs
>> to http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/. WDYT?
>
> If all new URLs consist of only Daisy IDs, they should not break: there
> should not be much of document removals, right? Even if you intend to
> remove a document, you can replace it with a redirect to correct
> location. So I think new documentation can be managed without breaking
> any URLs.

The idea is that finally each block gets its own documentation. The problem now
is that we will split up our documentation in smaller chunks (soon) but we
aren't that far. This will cause a lot of broken URL in the future.

Having said this, it might take some time until we really have block specific
docs and we shouldn't wait now that maybe never get done.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc