cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CForms] Streaming out widget attributes?
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 10:04:15 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Yeah, but the point is about the "somewhere". Each element in a Cocoon
>> pipeline is supposed to address a particular concern.
>>
>> Now over time, reasons emerge for everything to be useful everywhere,
>> and we end up with a giant mix, where having different stages in a
>> pipeline no more really make sense, and where each stage produces as
>> much information as possible for the next one, for the occasional case
>> where it may be useful, thus impacting the general performance just to
>> handle these edge cases.
>
> Ok, in general you're right; but I'm wondering why for example we added
> a special handling for suggestion lists which is rarely needed and seem
> to refuse to add a more general approach which helps others as well.

Uh? Don't see what you mean here...

> Streaming out the attributes of the field definition should in no way
> change the performance as the attributes are empty in most cases anyway.

Ok, if others are ok with it, then so be it.

I'm sorry to say that over time, I found Cocoon to be more an obstactle
for complex webapps pages (not talking about flow) than a real help, and
that's why I'm moving away from it. So I don't care as much as I did...

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net