cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CForms] Streaming out widget attributes?
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 06:35:14 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote
>> Yes, now I see two solutions for this: we could just stream out the
>> attributes of
>> the definition (which are strings) or if we need all attributes, stream
>> out attributes which can be streamed.
>> I would go for the first solution, anything against this?
>>

> Sounds hacky to me...

Really? Why? You define something in the model which you want to access
easily somewhere.

> Dumb question: why do you need these attributes in the XSL?
>
> Attributes were meant to allow additional information to be communicated
> between the application logic and the various event handlers and
> validators attached to widgets, whereas the XSLs are supposed to use the
> styling information for their job.
Yes, but what if you need anything else apart from styling? For example
"required" is
passed from the model to the xsls.
I want to pass on information like dependencies between fields, for
example if field A has value 1, then field B is optional and if field A
has value 2 field B is required. I need a generic mechanism here which
just passes this information from the model to the xsls where I can
generate some client javascript.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/