cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: My first steps with cocoon 2.2 mavenized application
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 05:10:56 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>> Does that mean that even simplest application needs 2 maven modules?
>>
>> not necessarily but it is recommended (IMO). If you put all your code
>> into the /src/main/java and /src/main/webapp directories it should
>> work too.
>
> Apart from the fact that some paths are hardcoded. Like in sitemap:
>
> <map:match pattern="blocks/myBlock/**">
>  <map:mount uri-prefix="blocks/myBlock"
>     src="file:/C:/temp/xxx/myBlock/src/main/resources/COB-INF/"/>
> </map:match>

when you call "cocoon:deploy" on a block (jar artifact), a minimal webapp is
created which uses hard-coded absolute paths. I don't see a problem with this as
it's only useful at development time.

> So I can happily do some development but not release.

yes, that was my intention.

> Is there any way now to change the block mount point (without editing
> sitemaps manually of course)? Is there a way to make one block the
> default one and mount it under "/"?

The current behaviour is that when you call "/", you are redirected to the
default one. Is that not enough?

>>> I like that I can now integrate cocoon spring beans with my own
>>> application contexts. How do I setup cocoon beans in test cases?
>>
>> What do you mean with Cocoon beans?
>
> Example: Can I have my spring beans using cocoon xml parser? If so how
> do I instantiate some testing environment?

Maybe Carsten can help here.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc