cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <>
Subject Re: My first steps with cocoon 2.2 mavenized application
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 18:12:53 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> So I've done:
>  mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.cocoon
> -DarchetypeArtifactId=cocoon-22-archetype-block
> -DarchetypeVersion=1.0.0-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=com.mycompany
> -DartifactId=myBlock
> cd myBlock
> mvn package
> mvn cocoon:deploy
> mvn jetty6:run
> and I have a working webapp! That's awesome.
> Still this way I am not able to create a war file. Do I need
> cocoon-22-archetype-webapp for that?

yes, but it hasn't been aligned with the latest changes Carsten and Daniel made.
I will take care of it on Thursday if none beats me.

> Does that mean that even simplest
> application needs 2 maven modules?

not necessarily but it is recommended (IMO). If you put all your code into the
/src/main/java and /src/main/webapp directories it should work too.

> I like that I can now integrate cocoon spring beans with my own
> application contexts. How do I setup cocoon beans in test cases?

What do you mean with Cocoon beans?

Der frühe Vogel fängt den Wurm. Hier gelangen Sie zum neuen Yahoo! Mail:

View raw message