cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CForms] Streaming out widget attributes?
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 17:43:41 GMT
Sylvain Wallez schrieb:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm currently looking into a way of getting information for a widget in
>> my template that has been defined in the model. But it seems to me that
>> this is not possible right now.
>> Is anyone against streaming out all attributes of a widget in the
>> generateSaxFragment() method? As attributes are not used frequently I
>> think this shouldn't create problems.
>>

> This *will* create problems, as attributes can be of any type, and not
> just Strings (although only Strings can be specified in the widget's
> definition).
Yes, now I see two solutions for this: we could just stream out the
attributes of
the definition (which are strings) or if we need all attributes, stream
out attributes which can be streamed.
I would go for the first solution, anything against this?

> Now if you're using JXTemplate, you can directly access attribute values
> with ${widget.getAttribute('foo')}.
Yes, I know but I can't *directly* access the attributes in an xsl
stylesheet. And unfortunately it's not possible to overwrite the
jxmacros and extend the streaming mechanism there.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/