cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CForms] Streaming out widget attributes?
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 15:49:48 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently looking into a way of getting information for a widget in
> my template that has been defined in the model. But it seems to me that
> this is not possible right now.
> Is anyone against streaming out all attributes of a widget in the
> generateSaxFragment() method? As attributes are not used frequently I
> think this shouldn't create problems.

This *will* create problems, as attributes can be of any type, and not
just Strings (although only Strings can be specified in the widget's
definition).

Now if you're using JXTemplate, you can directly access attribute values
with ${widget.getAttribute('foo')}.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net