cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jorg Heymans" ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: trying with latest cocoon trunk
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 08:27:41 GMT

>> o WTF is going on with the spring downloads? Seems like there is no
>> pom available, but  it works anyway...
>>
> You do not need pom to get the jar. Some default stub is being used.
> This pisses me a lot (not the fact that it works but that the pom is
> missing) because you have to use offline mode for maven every time.
> Otherwise mvn tries to download these at each run.

just do "mvn install:install-file -DgeneratePom=true ..." once to get rid
of this warning ([1] for more info)

AFAIK spring is currently in the process of converting to maven, they
probably decided not to release poms until it's fully tested instead of
providing faulty ones. The maven repository guys should've generated a
default pom though, especially for such a high profile library.

Jorg

[1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-installing-3rd-party-jars.html