cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject licensing issues for trunk (Was: Questions on cleaning up trunk)
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 06:10:26 GMT
I have started doing the update of the license headers.
Done now for 2.1 branch. It was a huge diff so the svn-mailer
truncated it thankfully.

Before committing i tried to check the diffs by grepping
known lines and see what is left. Seems okay, but doing
such mass semi-automated changes is worrying.

Doing the trunk is lots harder. I will be doing it
gradually over the next weeks.

Trying to follow the new policy document
http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html
there are some other issues that we need to attend to:

The NOTICE.txt file has a special purpose and we are not
doing it properly, i.e. we have its content tangled up
with another file called CREDITS.txt

At Forrest i added a banner at the top to explain its
purpose. Not sure what Cocoon want to do.
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/NOTICE.txt

Another issue is the LICENSE.txt file. Evidently we
also need to "add pointers" in that file to each third-party
license file. I gather some people are experimenting
with a Maven plugin. Not sure how that correlates with
the new policy. So i will leave that to others.

Anyway i am concentrating on the source headers.

-David