cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Quenot <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release 2.2M1
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 12:42:10 GMT
* Leszek Gawron:

> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
> > your  observations regarding  Jetty  6 are  interesting but  I
> > don't understand how  this relates to Cocoon and  that it uses
> > Maven 2 as build system?
>
> Exactly .. Jetty is just used  to start a webapp for development
> purposes. You can easily take packaged  cocoon webapp and use it
> just like 2.1.x.

Good point, but  by experience I know that most  users will follow
exactly what is in README.txt.  This is for running Cocoon.

And for  the build,  do you  think the  user will  continue trying
Cocoon 2.2 after  reading: « A full build can take  from 5 minutes
to  maybe 4  hours... »?  We  just can't  write that.   We need  a
reliable build  system as long  as we  require our users  to build
Cocoon themselves.
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana Qwerty