cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: cocoon.zone backup ?
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 21:37:03 GMT
On 18 Aug 2006, at 22:32, Jorg Heymans wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is the content we put in Daisy being backed up in one way or
> another ? I couldn't find anything apart from [1] in the archives,
> which seems to cover configuration only.
>
> Reason i'm asking is that #asfInfra reminded me today about <we
> keep warning people not to put important bits in their zones>, and
> <we've warned people repeatedly not to run "production" on helios>
> when i told them i had lost a few continuum configuration files.
>
> Just want to make sure,
> Jorg
>
> [1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-
> dev&m=113239836406648&w=2

I used to have a script running that dumped the database and
blobstore every once in a while, but maybe we should look into using
the proper backup tool that comes with newer versions of Daisy and
that locks the repository before backing up.

</Steven>
Outerthought                              Open Source Java & XML
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org