cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scher...@wyona.com>
Subject trunk light (was [RT] A new Forrest implementation?)
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:26:22 GMT
Hi all,

I know we had the light/diet discussion many times but the forrest
community has an emerging need for a very small cocoon. The forrest
community is talking about a new forrest implementation that is not
based on cocoon anymore. This is because we feel that we do not need
*all* the features that cocoon provides to reduce the complexity of the
forrest code it seems that the community would like to drop cocoon or
alternatively slim it down close to the cocoon 1.x features.

Like Bertrand suggested in the above thread we need basically:
"So, a "Cocoon light" version that does just the following might be
fairly popular among this category of users:

-Sitemap-based XML processing pipelines
-XSLT transformers
-Pluggable custom Java transformers
-Aggregation using the cocoon:/ protocol"

How could both community work together to get a light version.
Be warned the active forrest community is *very* small, so not sure
how much help we can offer.

WDYT?

salu2
--