cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <jason.johns...@Intrado.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Java 5 as minimum JDK requirement
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 21:59:57 GMT
On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 08:05 -0600, Jason Johnston wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> >
> > As Java 5 was released almost 2 years ago, I propose making it the
> > minimum requirement for trunk and all artifacts released from there.
> >

> +1

Thinking about this a bit more, I have a question.

As I understand it there are several blocks (CForms comes to mind) that
are shared between trunk and the 2.1.x branch via svn:external
properties.  Unless I'm mistaken this would prevent the minimum JDK
requirement from being raised for these blocks, since it would affect
the branch where Java 1.3 is still supported.  Using any new JDK
features in these blocks would break that 1.3 support in the branch.

Should the vote be qualified with an "...except for those blocks that
are shared by the 2.1.x branch"?