cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RANT] This Maven thing is killing us....
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2006 21:26:24 GMT
On 7/1/06, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:

> ....Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> > -Allow Cocoon users to add their own jars to the build in the old way
> > (lib directory), without forcing them to use Maven for that
> >
> I think this is the most interesting point. We could try to push maven
> to allow this...would be fun to see what they think...

I didn't realize it before this week, but if we don't allow this we
force our users to put all of their dependencies in Maven.

OTOH, if people can add their own jars in the plain old way, they
benefit from the M18n of Cocoon (assuming it works...) without having
to learn much about it. The suits would say "win-win" at this point.

-Bertrand