cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [RANT] This Maven thing is killing us....
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2006 12:41:28 GMT
On 7/1/06, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:

> ...what
> about settings up a Cocoon M2 repository where we host all our
> dependencies and this is the default repository you're using when you're
> developing with Cocoon...

Without knowing much about how Maven works today, my impression is
that the best thing might be to have the ASF run its own repository
(IIUC it is not the case now), under strict version control, mirrored,
etc.

I am travelling now and will be mostly offline until Monday, but here
are some additional thoughts about a possible solution:

-Use our own/ASF repository, managed in SVN

-Make this the default repository, using ASF mirrors (might need some
changes to Maven IIUC), and using a snapshot repository in second
priority

-Find a way to have Maven check the integrity of all downloaded jars,
md5 or something

-Allow Cocoon users to add their own jars to the build in the old way
(lib directory), without forcing them to use Maven for that

Just some random thoughts at this point...

-Bertrand