cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: [RANT] This Maven thing is killing us....
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 20:10:15 GMT

Gavin Carothers wrote:

> mvn install -Dmaven.test.skip=true
>
> Need to run this 6 or 7 times to get all the plugins from:
> central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
> apache.snapshots (http://svn.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository),
> snapshots (http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2)
>
> I will point out that we can't blame ibiblio for those. Two of them are
> from my understanding hosted by Apache.

PING ibiblio.org (152.2.210.80): 56 data bytes
PING repo1.maven.org (152.2.210.80): 56 data bytes

repo1 is just an alias for maven central.

Have you configured a mirror before doing a build ?

> still downloading more jars about 2 hours after having started the
> process... starting to think of a way to shell script the restart of mvn
> install.

What machine are you building on? Limited internet connection perhaps?

Thanks for testing this out, your feedback is highly appreciated!

Jorg