cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Hunsberger" <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [2.2] New processor interface/approach
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:57:33 GMT
On 7/11/06, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:
<snip/>
> I committed the new stuff as a prototype to the whiteboard
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/whiteboard/processor/

<snip/>

> Currently I have two Processor implementations. One of them is the
> sitemap processor embedding the TreeProcessor - so this is the usual stuff.
>
> The other processor implementation uses the mount table approach. It
> reads in an xml configuration file for the mounted sitemaps and then
> forwards the request to a sitemap processor. So instead of having a
> mount in the main sitemap, you have no main sitemap with this approach
> anymore but directly jump into the correct sitemap based on the mount
> table configuration. This can be enhanced later on to jump to a
> completly different processor which might not use the a sitemap at all.
>
> So, WDYT?

Interesting.  Sounds perhaps useful without the dual implementations
as just simplifying the core, but the ability to plug in your own base
processor also sounds interesting; if we ever go to the point where
all our processing is completely database driven I take it that, in
theory, this would basically let us plug in something to jump straight
to a single fixed pipline (or two) without the rest of the sitemap
processing overhead?

--
Peter Hunsberger