cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Quoin Developers" <quoin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [CForms] Load/Save model events never send?
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 19:45:26 GMT
Hi Carsten,

Thanks for the change. I'm glad to be able to use a loop in my flow again.

A similar issue arises when trying to process form actions. Say for
example, that I want to do a validation and save in an handler - I
cannot. Why might I want to do this? I'm trying to stay in Ajax mode
as much as possible for a fast and friendly user experience. I'd
propose that a form be able to be run in lax mode, and not perform the
various lifecycle checks - I keep tripping on them. That's why I was
asking what we're trying to protect. If the cforms framework won't get
into an invalid state, then users should be able to load/validate/save
as necessary without doing a full page reload.

Regards,
Eric Meyer