cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Supplied defaults from plugin
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:18:25 GMT

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:40:34 +0200
> From: Reinhard Poetz <reinhard@apache.org>
> To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Supplied defaults from plugin
>
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>>  Hi all
>>
>>  Wouldn't it be cool if the cocoon:deploy goal supplies one with default
>>  files missing in the project src/main/webapp? I can imaging some defaults
>>  for things like catalogManager.properties, base cocoon.xconf etc. would be
>>  helpfull?
>
> I moved all default xconf files into the cocoon-core module (you won't find
> them in cocoon-webapp anymore) so you already get them this way.

I didn't meant those. I've already seen that. But there are still some
more "defaults".

> about the catalogManager: yes, we could add an option
> "useDefaultCatalogManager" and add the properties file and the catalogs.

The question might be is it a necessity to have one. If so and there
isn't one in the deployed webapp the plugin should supply one (without
the need to configure something).

What I'm thinking of stuff for WEB-INF is:

classes/CatalogManager.properties as well as entities/
 	dunno whether this is just usefull or needed

web.xml
 	this is indeed needed but still the plugin can supply a default
 	one. If someone needs to change/add something on it, she/he can
 	copy it to the regular path of the webapp project
 	(src/main/webapp/WEB-INF)

log4j.xconf
 	a default can be supplied here as well IMO.

properties/
 	same here, at least core.properties in there because it is
 	needed (Cocoon doesn't work without it).

WDYT?

- --
Giacomo Pati