cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gavin Carothers <ga...@versionthis.com>
Subject Re: [RANT] This Maven thing is killing us....
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 20:18:12 GMT

On Jul 3, 2006, at 4:10 PM, Jorg Heymans wrote:

> Gavin Carothers wrote:
>
>> mvn install -Dmaven.test.skip=true
>>
>> Need to run this 6 or 7 times to get all the plugins from:
>> central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
>> apache.snapshots (http://svn.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository),
>> snapshots (http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2)
>>
>> I will point out that we can't blame ibiblio for those. Two of
>> them are
>> from my understanding hosted by Apache.
>
> PING ibiblio.org (152.2.210.80): 56 data bytes
> PING repo1.maven.org (152.2.210.80): 56 data bytes
>
> repo1 is just an alias for maven central.

Dope, so it is.

> Have you configured a mirror before doing a build ?

Tried two, had the same issues as main. Tried lsu and .net mirrors.
I'm the US. I think if I'm going to keep doing this I'm just going to
need to setup a mirror locally for the company, cause none of the
other people here are going to keep trying :)

>> still downloading more jars about 2 hours after having started the
>> process... starting to think of a way to shell script the restart
>> of mvn
>> install.
>
> What machine are you building on? Limited internet connection perhaps?

Sadly no, T3 and wireless 3mbit connection.

> Thanks for testing this out, your feedback is highly appreciated!

I'll keep it up as long as I can.

Cheers,
Gavin