cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: Releasing 2.2M1
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2006 10:06:18 GMT

On 7/28/06 1:28 PM, in article 44C9F4C9.8030704@apache.org, "Reinhard Poetz"
<reinhard@apache.org> wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> I can take care of a) on Monday. I hope that I have all necessary rights on
> people.apache.org to do the deployment.

people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository is
drwxrwxr-x so that shouldn't be a problem. Remember that this location is
push on demand, meaning you have to ping repository@a.o and ask for a sync
to maven central.

>> In addition I want to add a doc about the Cocoon roadmap to our
>> documentation which outlines/summarizes the stuff we discussed in the
>> last weeks.
>>
>> The final question is which modules we should release (and in which
>> versions)? Any suggestions?

Wrt versions, how about :

core                 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT -> 2.2.0-M1
module poms          1-SNAPSHOT     -> 1
released blocks      1.0.0-SNAPSHOT -> 1.0.0-M1
(the block version could follow the M1..Mx core numbering until we release
2.2.0 and then continue with "normal" numbering afterwards)

The versions will need to be rolled forward as well:
core                 2.2.0-M2-SNAPSHOT
module poms          2-SNAPSHOT
released blocks      1.0.0-M2-SNAPSHOT

Note that when you change eg the block module pom to 2-SNAPSHOT then ideally
all block poms should point to the new version. I don't think the release
plugin does this automatically for modules not included in the release so
there is quite a bit of pom manipulation to do.

> * cocoon-core
> * cocoon-bootstrap
> * cocoon-deployer-plugin
> * cocoon-archetype-block

Yep.

> + all the necessary pom modules which are parents

AFAICS these are

./pom.xml
./blocks/pom.xml
./core/pom.xml
./tools/pom.xml
./tools/cocoon-block-deployer/pom.xml
./tools/archetypes/pom.xml

@Reinhard I can help out with this if you want, won't be available Monday
until the evening but I do have a few hours to kill tomorrow while
babysitting a new server install.

I'm not sure if the work can be easily split up though, perhaps I could try
and do the exercise for our root pom only and see what the caveats are ?

Regards,
Jorg