cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Caching strategies
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 08:24:21 GMT

--

Hippo
Oosteinde 11
1017WT Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Tel  +31 (0)20 5224466
a.schrijvers@hippo.nl / http://www.hippo.nl

True..

> Anyhow IMO it makes sense to firstly do it in the wiki, which has the
> benefit that I might be able to assist you.

true as well...What I only want to avoid, is again dozens of wiki pages (I can never find
something I search for on a wiki, and if I find it it is outdated) which become outdated in
short notice and are not one single comprehensive story (like for example a document on cocoon-2.1.10
caching best practice would be). Then, on the other hand, other people can more easily help
and point out things I got wrong when doing it on the wiki. Perhaps writing it on wiki and
later in one single document would be best

> > Some of the subjects I want to cover are described in
> >
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=115194685214066&w=2
>
> Very nice. I liked as well your comprehensive answers in
>

> > If you have a specific thing you need to know now let me know.
>
> ATM I have no one specific problem I need to prepare a course
> on cocoon
> and big part of it the client wishes to be on caching.

In short notice...? Or in a few months? You have no specific wishes for subjects to be in
the document? I will only be covering the cocoon caching, and not mod_cache or something,
though for clients might of course as well be very interesting/important

> Having said this if you start this caching howto, please let me know I
> am happy to help where I can.

I want to start on it on very short notice. I will let you know when I have something looking
at is worthy.

Regards Ard