cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Arje Cahn" <a.c...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: [GT2006] Cocoon GetTogether 2006 call for subjects
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 16:12:12 GMT

> Can you already confirm a fixed date? I would like to spread
> the news (conferences, articels) here in Germany. Please note
> that the 3rd of October is a national holiday in Germany
> which I think might make it easier for attendees from here as
> they can use this day to visit Amsterdam and don't need to
> take a day off.

I haven't received any other serious proposals, so I think I can safely
confirm that date.

Therefor, this year's Cocoon GT will be held in Amsterdam, on
Monday 2nd, Tuesday 3rd and Wednesday 4th of October, from 9AM to 11PM

Hurray!

> Anyway, I asked some people about what they would like to
> hear at the GT and combined this with my thoughts:
>
> - Success Stories (why someone chose Cocoon, for what, what
> was great and what not)
> - 10 Reasons to use Cocoon
> - Comparison of Cocoon with other web frameworks
> - Why should I upgrade to 2.2?
> - Some howto's/best practices for
>     - Configuration
>     - Using Spring
>     - Building Cocoon
>
> Now, I could imagine that we might do a "What's new in 2.2
> and how to use it track" with different topics, 5 to 10min per topic.
>
> And, depending on the state of 3.0, we could do this for 3.0 as well.

Cool, thank you very much.

Reinhard, where's your list!?!? :)

-- Arje