cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: [CForms] And another thing! :-)
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:01:24 GMT

On Jul 18, 2006, at 5:14 AM, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Mark Lundquist wrote:
>> OK, so @unique-row-id and @unique-path are deprecated.  Got that.  In
>> favor of... what?  <fb:unique-row>?  Or <fb:identity>?  Or either,
>> depending on... something?
>> I'll be happy to edit this section to make it comprehensible, once I
>> achieve some understanding of it myself :-)
>> Sorry for the snarkiness... just feeling a little frustrated is all
>> :-)
>
> LOL
>
> When 'unique identification widgets' were first introduced, they were
> called something else then what they are called now.

Right... I got that much :-)

> Now they are known as <fb:identity>.

OK — and I have always used <fb:identity>, so I must have figured out
that this was the thing to do... so I guess my only question left is,
what about <fb:unique-row>?  Hmm... looking at the source code, it's
nowhere to be found.  From the documentation, it appears that at one
point it was meant to allow the implementation of composite identity
schemes, but it either was never implemented, or was superseded by the
time of the release but the doc was never changed?

Also, w.r.t. @unique-row-id and @unique/path, they are no longer
"deprecated" as such — they are now unsupported, and the implementation
does the courtesy of recognizing them and throwing BindingException.

So, I would remove all references to them from the docs, and the same
for <unique-row> and <unique-field>.  WDYT?

—ml—