cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Rice Yeh" <rice...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Run myBlock in Tomcat fail
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 03:29:40 GMT
>> Rice Yeh wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   I follow the insturction in
>> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/g1/1159.html
 to run the
>> 2.2 version. The result is good in jetty. However, when i run the same block
>> with tomcat, I always get the following error messages:
>>
>> Jul 26, 2006 2:53:41 PM
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
>> SEVERE: Error listenerStart
>> Jul 26, 2006 2:53:41 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
>> SEVERE: Context [/cocoon] startup failed due to previous errors

>> Any clue?
>>

> Are you using the latest version? I checked in a fix yesterday for the
> web.xml; the doctype was missing. So you could check your web.xml. If it
> does not contain a doctype, add it and try again :)

> If that is not the problem, can you post more information?
>
> I'm running latest Cocoon 2.2 in Tomcat (5.0 and 5.5) without problems.
>
> Carsten

Hi,
  I have checked the web.xml and the doctype is ok. I run it in
tomcat-5.0.28 and the error messages seems showing the problem is about the
context listener. Hence, I comment out the listener setting in web.xml, then
the error becomes  "Error filterStart". From here, I resaon it is context
listener problem.

See the following error message:

INFO: Processing Context configuration file URL
file:C:\apache\tomcat.home\jakar
ta-tomcat-5.0.28\conf\Catalina\localhost\cocoon.xml
Jul 27, 2006 1:10:46 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextlistenerStart
SEVERE: Skipped installing application listeners due to previous error(s)
Jul 27, 2006 1:10:46 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Jul 27, 2006 1:10:46 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context startup failed due to previous errors

Regards,
Rice