cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status of releasing M1 artifacts
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 05:54:55 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:
> On 7/31/06 3:11 PM, in article 44CE017C.4010405@apache.org, "Reinhard Poetz"
> <reinhard@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> So far I've been able to release
>>
>> cocoon
>> cocoon-core-modules
>> cocoon-bootstrap
>> cocoon-core
>
> I did:
>
> cocoon-tools-modules
> cocoon-blocks-modules
> cocoon-commons-modules
> cocoon-deployer-modules
> cocoon-deployer-core
> cocoon-deployer-plugin
> cocoon-licenses
>
> I tried to rerelease cocoon-core because it was missing cocoon-licenses as
> dependency

why do we need such a dependency? I don't understand what it really buys us.

> but I'm getting errors about cocoon-bootstrap missing.

yes, because you don't have the released version. You can get it from the rsynch
repository from people.apache.org and can install it manually to your local repo.

> Reinhard
> you seemed to have managed to release cocoon-core, could you do it again
> please as I have removed the tag and artifacts on people.a.o already ?

ah, ok. I hope I have some time.

> Also, note that there is no need to disable modules when releasing a module
> pom, you can release it non-recursively by doing
>
> mvn -N release:prepare release:perform -Darguments="-N"

what a strange notation ... I tried it with "-N" only.

Another question: Is it really a good idea if we add the release tags to one
directory? Over the time we will get hundrets of them. Maybe we should build
some hierarchy

/cocoon/releases/core
/cocoon/releases/blocks/cforms
/cocoon/releases/blocks/ctemplate
/cocoon/releases/blocks/...
/cocoon/releases/tools/...
/cocoon/releases/pom (for our pom artifacts)

WDYT?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc