cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Gianni <s.gia...@thebug.it>
Subject Re: GSoC, repeater pagination in place
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 16:18:31 GMT

Leszek Gawron wrote:

> Simone Gianni wrote:
>
>> Actually we decided to use the List interface for it, and on the test
>> project we have a List implementation that actually works on a Hibernate
>> Criteria in a way that it's able to retrieve blocks of records from
>> hibernate and ask directly to the database the size, only implementing
>> some basic methods of the List interface.
>
> Does it fetch a whole page or a "window" with predefined size?

It's initialized with new HibernateList(DetachedCriteria criteria,
Session session, int fetchSize); when you call get(10) it will test if
it has already fetched, if not will fetch from 10 to 10+fetchSize
element. The size() method is implemented moving the cursor to the last
row and returning the index of it. As told we're testing it on a 11000
very heavy object list, and it's working perfectly, we see only 10
selects done to fetch the objects when the get(x) method is first called.

> Would you be willing to make it public?

Yep. It will be part of the documentation actually, because we don't
want to introduce a dependency on Hibernate in cocoon itself, anyway
it's apache license so it will be public.

Simone

--
Simone Gianni