cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: Continuations consume ram, possible solutions?
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:15:40 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
> <snip/>
>
> IMO the only way to solve this transparently is to more accressively
> expire and limit the number of continuations. It would make sense to
> come up with a LRU list of continuations per session. This list has a
> maximum size that can defined. So the required maximum can is
> predictable. Generating more continuations means using free slots or
> throwing away the oldest ones in that LRU list. The janitor would
> basically only go through the list and expire to free the slots in
> that list.
Not that easy II: In almost every web application I choose the option to
store continuations in session rather then in one place. This way all
continuations get removed when the session expires.

You would have to traverse all sessions to decide which continuations
you will remove.

BTW: users should be warned somewhere in docs that if they use session
they better be using session bound continuations. Otherwise you run a
continuation with session already invalidated and usually you get very
funny (or dangerous) results like seeing some application data after
logging out.