cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releasing 2.2M1
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:59:46 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>> if we have time to fix the following blocks it would be great:
>>> * cocoon-archetype-webapp (can take care of it myself)
>>> * cocoon-template-impl (unit tests don't run through)
>>>
>>> It would be great to release cocoon-forms-impl too, but there are a couple of

>>> problems with jxmacros and the formstransformer.
>>>
>> Do you have an idea why we have the problems? Which samples do not work?
>>
>> Now, I have no problems with not releasing these blocks as M1; but I
>> would like to add the core/main samples, the ajax samples and the forms
>> samples to the demo webapp. Without samples, a demo webapp doesn't make
>> that much sense.
>
> hmm, do we really need to release sample modules to Maven repositories? AFAIU
> you want to release the demo application (e.g. as WAR archive) or maybe packed
> with a Jetty instance and a start/stop script. The user downloads this package
> and can run the samples. No Maven required ... or do I overlook something?
Yes, that's my thinking, too - just a WAR and that's it - there is no
need to release
anything into the maven repository for this. So for M1 I think we
shouldn't release the samples into the maven repo. But as these are
versioned artifacts, in general I think we can release samples into the
repo as well just as a reference.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/