cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releasing 2.2M1
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:02:18 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> if we have time to fix the following blocks it would be great:
>> * cocoon-archetype-webapp (can take care of it myself)
>> * cocoon-template-impl (unit tests don't run through)
>>
>> It would be great to release cocoon-forms-impl too, but there are a couple of
>> problems with jxmacros and the formstransformer.
>>
> Do you have an idea why we have the problems? Which samples do not work?
>
> Now, I have no problems with not releasing these blocks as M1; but I
> would like to add the core/main samples, the ajax samples and the forms
> samples to the demo webapp. Without samples, a demo webapp doesn't make
> that much sense.

hmm, do we really need to release sample modules to Maven repositories? AFAIU
you want to release the demo application (e.g. as WAR archive) or maybe packed
with a Jetty instance and a start/stop script. The user downloads this package
and can run the samples. No Maven required ... or do I overlook something?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc