cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we store all docs in Daisy?
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:33:33 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler said the following on 28/7/06 14:00:
> We have currently a split storage for our docs (and different ways to
> update the docs). While the main docs for a version of Cocoon are stored
> in Daisy, the more general stuff, is stored in the cocoon-site module in
> the forrest format.
>
> Wouldn't it make more sense to use the same storage and way of editing
> for the whole site? What does it take to move the remaining docs into
> Daisy as well?

Yes it would, but the problem lies in the way the URLs are handled.
Worst case would be that the entire navigation of Daisy should be
changed to reflect the correct layout.

I'm not absolutely sure, but we could, as an itermediate solution,
create a separate collection in Daisy in which we move those documents,
which are then exported in the same way as the current Daisy docs. I
don't think it would be much work to configure Forrest to do this.

Note, that would be for the more "static" documents. I'm not sure if the
changes page should be built using Daisy.

Bye, Helma