cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releasing 2.2M1
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:28:09 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it seems that's time to release our first milestone; the current code
> base seems to work pretty well (we are using it in some projects without
> experiencing problems so far).
>
> I think the release should consists of these four parts:
> a) core, some of the tools and some of the blocks released to the maven
> repository (with version 2.2-M1)
> b) A release of a Cocoon demo webapp containing the released blocks so
> people can just download and try out Cocoon
> c) A very good announcement doing marketing of Cocoon and the release.
> d) Release the new docs for 2.2
>
> As a release date we should try to get this out before the 1st of August
> as on that date the new header policy starts which would delay the
> release for some days again.
> I can do b) on monday. So if there are volunteers for a) and for writing
> something for c) would be great!

I can take care of a) on Monday. I hope that I have all necessary rights on
people.apache.org to do the deployment.

> In addition I want to add a doc about the Cocoon roadmap to our
> documentation which outlines/summarizes the stuff we discussed in the
> last weeks.
>
> The final question is which modules we should release (and in which
> versions)? Any suggestions?

* cocoon-core
* cocoon-bootstrap
* cocoon-deployer-plugin
* cocoon-archetype-block

+ all the necessary pom modules which are parents

if we have time to fix the following blocks it would be great:
* cocoon-archetype-webapp (can take care of it myself)
* cocoon-template-impl (unit tests don't run through)

It would be great to release cocoon-forms-impl too, but there are a couple of
problems with jxmacros and the formstransformer.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc