cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: my doubts about the current CocoonStoreJanitor/StoreJanitorImpl
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:09:44 GMT
Ard Schrijvers wrote
> Hello, I have been thinking about a solution for point (1), to have the StoreJanitor
only free memory from caches you did not define as "not to free from". It is not hard at all
to implement, but I am not sure about the "politics", so here are my concerns:

> Ideally I would like:
>
> 1) To change the StoreJanitor, to free a percentage of all caches at ones, and not one
after another. Also, only from caches that have a parameter that says that they a "freeable"
or something (and for backwardscompatibility of course also when the param is missing)

> 2) To change the Store interface that store implementations should have a method isFreeable()
> 3) Then all store implementations should implement isFreeable().
>
> Now, I suppose this is of course NOT possible....at least I think. I suppose a contract
is a contract, right? And if we would like to change it, it is an excalibur project.

> How can I achieve this?

I think in the long run we should get away from the excalibur components
anyway, so I we could introduce our own store (again) in trunk and use
our own interfaces/components.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/